|View printer-friendly version|
More than Half of US Banks Say Fraud Schemes Too Sophisticated and Evolve Too Quickly to Stop, Survey Reveals
The 2017 Faces of
- 52 percent say today’s fraud schemes are too sophisticated and evolve too quickly to keep pace;
- Only 38 percent have high confidence in their organization’s ability to detect and prevent fraud;
- Almost half identify technical barriers or controls not talking to one another as a top challenge to improving enterprise fraud;
- 41 percent do not want to add new anti-fraud controls that might negatively impact the customer experience;
- 35 percent say they are countering mobile exploits with multifactor authentication;
- Just 13 percent believe they are identifying fraud in real time.
“The survey results echo what VASCO is seeing across the market – there are myriad anti-fraud solutions to choose from, their implementation and use is not easy, and integration between solutions and across channels is limited,” said VASCO’s Chief Executive Officer,
A copy of the 2017 Faces of Fraud report is available. To download a copy of the survey results and related discussion please visit: https://www.vasco.com/resource-library/faces-of-fraud.
VASCO is a global leader in delivering trust and business productivity solutions to the digital market. VASCO develops next generation technologies that enable more than 10,000 customers in 100 countries in financial, enterprise, government, healthcare and other segments to achieve their digital agenda, deliver an enhanced customer experience and meet regulatory requirements. More than half of the top 100 global banks rely on VASCO solutions to protect their online, mobile, and ATM channels. VASCO’s solutions combine to form a powerful trust platform that empowers businesses by incorporating identity, fraud prevention, electronic and transaction signing, mobile application protection and risk analysis. Learn more about VASCO at VASCO.com and on Twitter, LinkedIn and
Director of Global Public Relations